I cannot believe Thanksgiving and Black Friday are already upon us! How did that happen so quickly? Normally, I am one to stayed holed up at home the day after Thanksgiving, far, far away from Black Friday craziness. But this year I’ve come across some great tech items that are going on Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale and most of it can be purchased online from the comfort (and safety) of your home. And not only are they all going on sale, but they will all be less than $200, which is a huge value as far as tech items go! So whether it’s Dad or your brother or even your 21st century grandma (mine totally rocks an iPad!), there is something for everyone on your Christmas list here without blowing your gifting budget.
1. Amazon Echo – Also known as “Alexa,” this has become a lifeline in our household! You can have Alexa do anything from reporting the weather, playing Pandora and keeping a shopping list, to ordering pizza delivery, calling an Uber and more. Normally $180, starting on Thanksgiving thru Black Friday, it will be marked down to $140 on Amazon.
2. Amazon Echo Dot – The smaller version of Alexa. Maybe you have a smaller space and don’t need the full size Echo, or maybe you want to use it as an extension of your Echo in your bedroom that’s on the other side of the house. This has all the same functionality of the full Echo in a smaller footprint. Normally $50 (already a steal!), it will be $10 off on Amazon from Thanksgiving thru Black Friday.
3. Phonesoap – As seen on Shark Tank, Phonesoap uses UV technology to sanitize your phone (or anything else you can fit in there) and has a universal charger to juice up your device while it’s being cleaned! It’s compatible with all phones, even the biggest iPhone 7+. They are offering 20% off NOW thru Cyber Monday with code “holiday20.”
4. Apple Watch Series 1 – If you or anyone on your list has been wanting a smart watch, now’s the time to jump! Apple products very rarely go on sale, but for this Black Friday, Target is discounting the 38mm Series 1 watches from $269 down to $198! Apple is also teasing their Black Friday event, but not giving any details on the discounts yet. Note: the Series 1 isn’t waterproof like it’s newer counterpart.
5. Beats Solo 2 Wireless Headphones – I was never on the Beats over-ear headphones bandwagon until my fiance bought a new MacBook Air that came with free Beats Solo 2 Wireless headphones as part of the back-to-school promotion. I gotta say, not only is the sound quality impeccable, but they are also so comfy and provide excellent noise cancelling. A definite must have to stay sane on long flights and to cancel out that chatterbox on the treadmill next to you at the gym. They are currently $100 off, but on Black Friday they will be further reduced to $120 at Target (a $180 savings!).
6. Fitbit Alta – Maybe your mom isn’t interested in a full blown smart watch, but would like some sort of step tracker that’s a bit daintier. Enter Fitbit Alta. Sleek and thin with a small electronic display and available in multiple colors! Both Best Buy and Target will have these for $30 off on Black Friday, bringing the total to just $100. There will also be deals on the Fitbit Charge 2, Charge HR, and Flex models.
7. Apple TV – This is easily my favorite piece of tech in our house. I can airplay anything from my laptop or phone onto our TV, rent/buy movies, and catch up on Netflix, Hulu and any network TV I might have missed. On Black Friday, Target will be offering all Apple TV models at 25% off. Apple is also teasing their Black Friday event, but not giving any details on the discounts yet.
UPDATE: This post was chosen for IFB’s Links a la Mode for December 1st. Check out the other amazing blog posts below that made the round up!
Links à la Mode, [December 1, 2016]
- Adorned in Armor: Do Your Best
- Blonde Menagerie:Under $200 Tech Gift Guide
- Cat Eyes and Skinny Jeans:Gift Guide for the Bestie
- Ella Pretty Blog:Gossip Girl Chic…On A Budget
- Elements of Ellis:Leather Jacket + Grey Scarf
- Fancier’s World:The Only Metallic Parka You Will Need This Season
- Fancier’s World:Holiday Gift Guide: Swarovski Crystal Collection Sale on Zulily
- Feathers and Stripes:Best Books to Gift
- Finite1:Master Guide To Materials Of Jackets And Coats: What Jacket Or Coat Should I Wear?
- Glitter Inc:How to Transition Your Decor From the Holidays to New Year’s Eve
- Greige Market:Holiday Giving Guide
- Happy Pretty Sweet:Pressies for Everyone on Your List
- Love, Amber Victoria:Duster Coats
- Middle of Somewhere:Holiday Gift Guide: For Her Under $100
- Pudding Monster:Pink Coat
- Smile Is It:The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Family & Friends 2016
- The Wanderbliss:Unclad